Join us at an exciting time with our growing team. You’ll be part of an energetic, social and dynamic group of people. We offer a number of interesting and challenging roles in the brewing industry. We also offer loads of perks and benefits to make your working life better, including:
- 25 Days holiday(plus bank holidays), membership of our Company pension, healthcare, Employee Assistance, Group Life Assurance and bonus schemes.
- Training and support: our staff get the benefit of on-going training to do their jobs well and to develop in other areas too. A team favourite is our regular tasting and flavour training allowing everyone, no matter their role, to develop expertise in beer flavours and quality (if they want to!)
- Festivals and social events: we sponsor or attend loads of festivals and beer events throughout the year and often have free tickets and VIP packages to hand around, or opportunities to work at events.
- Staff well-being: we take care of our team with lots of social and group gatherings – from team lunches to regular evenings in the Taproom and events such as cycle rides and masterclasses. We provide free drinks, fruit and snacks during the day and often partner with local businesses to swap beer for staff goodies like samples, baked goods and other treats.
If you want to be part of helping thirsty people everywhere Get a Taste of Brixton, check out our current opportunities and get in touch!
TAPROOM SERVING STAFF – CASUAL/ FLEXIBLE PART-TIME
Start date: ASAP
Salary: London Living Wage (currently £11.95 p/h)
We’re seeking experienced bar-staff interested in working in an energetic and friendly environment. It’s a casual role with flexible hours depending on our need and your availability. Main responsibilities are getting to know all about our beers and being able to serve people to a high standard, while also doing
light cleaning and service-related tasks, such as changing kegs, etc.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate who needs flexible working hours:
- Supporting the Taproom Manager/Supervisor in running the Taproom to a high standard
- Providing excellent customer service and representing Brixton Brewery with enthusiasm and knowledge
- Getting to know the range of drinks on offer and serving them quickly and professionally
- Assisting in other tasks like clearing tables, making sure all areas are clean and hygienic
- Changing kegs and maintaining stock
- Helping with opening & closing of Taproom
- Working at events in the Taproom
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Service experience in a bar/restaurant
- Excellent service skills
- Ability to deal well with the public
- Attention to hygiene and cleanliness of the Taproom
- Available evenings & weekends
- Reliable and dependable
- Legal right to work in the UK
What we offer:
- A fun and interesting working environment, with an excellent and supportive team
- A good location near public transport in buzzing central Brixton
- The opportunity to grow with a growing company
- Opportunities to learn other aspects of the brewing and drinks business, and to join us at an exciting stage in our growth
- Opportunities to learn other aspects of the brewing and drinks business
- Generous employee discounts on beer and merch
- Our Cycle to Work Scheme (on completion of your probationary period)
- A competitive salary and benefits package which includes participation in our workplace pension, discretionary bonus scheme (based on team and individual objectives) and com-prehensive private health scheme, including our Employee Assistance Programme and Group Life Assurance.
How to apply:
Please send your CV to email@example.com
BRIXTON BREWERY IS:
A LONDON LIVING WAGE EMPLOYER
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
PEOPLE MANAGER - FULL-TIME PERMANENT
FULL-TIME PERMANENT ROLE BASED IN OUR BREWERY AT 1-2 DYLAN RD, LONDON, SE240HL (SOME HOME WORKING POSSIBLE)
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Up to 45K (depending on experience) plus discretionary bonus, generous benefits package with comprehensive private insurance & other perks (details below)
We are a family-run business, with strong ties to Brixton, and that’s what motivates us to succeed – so we can give the best to our employees, our customers and our wider community. We’re committed to finding the right people, supporting them and developing their skills and careers. We’re after people who are passionate about beer, our brand and what we represent – top-quality brews, excellent customer service and an enthusiasm for what we do and how we do it in the local area we love. We have huge respect for every one of our approximately 35-member team. We’re building a diverse and highly skilled workforce across Brewing, Sales, Marketing, Finance and other key areas, that takes pride in being part of our success.
Every day in the brewery is a day of fast-paced, ever-changing and challenging work alongside talented, professional, interesting and hilarious people. We’re all working together to help thirsty people everywhere Get a Taste of Brixton, and having a great time while we do it. Join us!
This is an exciting and challenging new role to manage the people strategy at a thriving business. This is a mid-career role that would suit someone with a strong background in HR in a small-to-medium sized company. It is a great opportunity for someone ambitious who wants to make a real impact on the workplace culture in a dynamic company committed to being a great place to work for a diverse range of people. The role itself is a mix of day-to-day admin and oversight, as well as strategic and long-term planning.
Essential skills & qualifications:
· Proven work experience as a People Specialist, People Generalist or People Partner working with complex employee relations cases with employee relations knowledge.
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience in managing the people strategy and people projects.
· Strong understanding of current and upcoming labour legislation.
· Familiarity with full cycle recruiting and career planning support.
· Excellent verbal, written communication skills and influencing skills.
· Good problem-solving abilities
· Excellent people management and organisational skills.
· Demonstrable skills in being a motivated self-starter and proven organisational skills.
· Excellent computer skills and experience of working with MS Office products; experience with Human Resources Information Systems (we use Breathe).
· The ability to safeguard and maintain confidential information to be compliant with GDPR.
· Ability to work independently and drive change and HR leadership.
· CIPD qualification.
Great to have:
· Previous experience working in People Management in the hospitality or drinks industry (the role includes responsibility for HR administration in the BB Taproom)
This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join our growing team. Key responsibilities include:
· Working on people projects, managing the people strategy, developing excellent services to all team members, employee engagement strategy, reward and recognition and ensuring that Brixton Brewery remains a great place to work.
· Providing advice and guidance on disciplinary and welfare cases, capability, grievance, and coaching managers on these cases where appropriate. Ensure consistency and fairness in case management.
· Coaching and supporting team leaders in performance and people management of their teams.
· Managing employees’ careers development paths with managers and organising learning and development programmes. Implementing training and development plans to help employees make the most of opportunities.
· Regularly reviewing, updating and implementing staff HR policies throughout the organisation, including in our Taproom. Ensuring policies and handbook are legally compliant and support equality, diversity and inclusion.
· Forecasting hiring needs to ensure the recruitment process runs smoothly.
· Managing the recruitment process for the business: coordinating and overseeing the entire process, including screening, scheduling, facilitating candidates for interviews, and feedback.
· Ensuring all new employees have a smooth onboarding experience; onboarding administration, preparing contracts, onboarding new staff and overseeing all administration, training and organisation for new staff.
· Maintaining and ensuring all employee information is added and accurate within payroll and the HR system.
· Administration of health and life insurance programs, maintaining organizational charts and detailed job descriptions.
· Preparing and reviewing compensation and benefits packages.
· Responding to team inquiries and issues in a timely manner.
· Maintaining budgets and relationships with vendors and consultants.
· Ensuring compliance with all relevant right-to-work laws.
What we offer:
· A fun and interesting working environment, with a great team (and delicious beers!)
· Excellent comprehensive benefits from day one of joining: 25 Days holiday (plus bank holidays), membership of our Company pension, private healthcare, Employee Assistance Programme, Group Life Assurance, Income Protection Insurance and discretionary bonus. Bike to Work scheme (after the end of probation period).
· Training and support: our staff get the benefit of ongoing training to do their jobs well and to develop in other areas too. A team favourite is our regular tasting and flavour training allowing everyone, no matter their role, to develop expertise in beer flavours and quality (if they want to!).
· Festivals and social events: we sponsor or attend loads of festivals and beer events throughout the year and often have free tickets and VIP packages to hand around.
· Staff well-being: we take care of our team with lots of social and group gatherings – from team lunches to regular evenings in the Taproom and events such as cycle rides and master classes. We provide free drinks, fruit and snacks during the day and often partner with local businesses to swap beer for staff goodies like samples, baked goods and other treats.
· Location & hybrid working: A great location near public transport, in between Brixton, Loughborough Junction and Herne Hill, with some work-from-home flexibility (up to two days per week).
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 October 2023.
WE ARE A LONDON LIVING WAGE EMPLOYER